- 8 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- I used half and half this time as I had it on hand and didn't have any coconut milk open.
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- I used lemon juice, no extract on hand. About 1/4 cup.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup sifted coconut flour
- I use Aloha Nu brand coconut flour which I buy online.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
Blend together eggs, oil, coconut milk, sugar substitute, vanilla, lemon extract, and salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk thoroughly into batter until there are no lumps. Fold in cranberry sauce and nuts. Pour into greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 60 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
This comes from Nancy542 on the Low Carb forum
My guests raved over this. They couldn't believe it was low carb and gluten free.
The only thing I'd change about this bread is using sugar free cranberries however, they're impossible to find. Next time I'll probably just use a shredded apple instead of cranberries.